3d Scanning Of Objects
3d scanning of objects – getting information about the geometry of the object in the form of a cloud of points. You can use it to create a 3D model (after the finalization of the clouds). The NBY IT can be ordered high-precision scanning (0.1 mm) object.
3d Scanning Of Objects: The Scanner’s Operation Principle:
The 3D scanner is based on the principle of stereo vision. Camera scanner determines the distance to the object its size and shape. In the design of the scanner laser is enabled or the Flash bulbs. This helps to achieve maximum precision in measurements. Images obtained from two cameras and data on the surface of an object are passed on a laptop computer.
Stages 3d Scanning Of Objects:
- Preparation of scanner. It clearly stipulates all conditions of work and the expected result.
- Scanning an object and getting a point cloud.
- Build a solid model (a model that is ready for 3D printing) from point clouds.
- 3D model refinement (if necessary).
3D scanning and modeling in a NBY IT can be ordered separately, but the total cost of the two services below.
Next, if you want a piece production ready model to a 3D printer and print. For a small party (up to 300 pieces), you can create the silicone form and cast products in silicone. About the choice of technology for the manufacture of plastic products we wrote in our article.
NBY IT Company has been creating exact copies of objects-3D models. If you have finished 3D model that needs to be corrected, please contact NBY IT.
Methods of 3D scanning of objects:
Depending on the type of scanner, there are two methods:
The contact 3D-scanning;
Contact 3D scanning of objects implies the existence of a contact with the object being scanned on the scanner surface. This method is best suited for scanning oversized objects. NBY IT company offers services of 3D scanning and 3D modeling parts of objects. Our specialists will select and offer the best scanning method.
Advantages of Contact 3d Scanning Of Objects:
Ease of use;
The lack of dependence on the level of illumination;
Build 3D models with high precision.
Non-contact 3D scanning does not involve contact of the scanned object with 3D scanner. This allows you to scan objects at a great distance and objects of large dimensions. Non-contact 3D scanners also come in two types: active and passive. Active 3D scanners to construct three-dimensional models use data obtained by scanning an object using a laser beam. Passive 3D scanners use already existing reflection object.
Wow! Tell us more!
Advantages and disadvantages of 3D scanning of objects
- The benefits of 3D scanning
- Quickness of getting a point cloud.
- The most appropriate method for further printing 3D models.
- Suitable for bulky objects with complex geometry that problematic and simulate.
- High precision 3D scanner (0.1 mm).
- Possibility to export the information obtained (point clouds) in CAD packages.
Disadvantages of 3D scanning of objects
When scanning the object marker takes a lot of time in finalizing the clouds. The procedure turns out to be more expensive than the 3D simulation from scratch.
After the 3D scan model you want to modify. Therefore, it is not recommended to use 3D-scanning, if you want to model casting in silicone. It’s easier to make the silicone form directly from the object, bypassing the stage of 3D scanning.
- Some surfaces (black or shiny objects) must cover the special structure before the procedure.
- High-precision 3D scanning: cost depends on such factors
- The size of the scanned object.
- The shape and complexity of the Geometry object.
- The level of detail required from the 3D model.
- The physical characteristics of a surface of the scanned object (material, color, hardness, thickness, holes, etc.).
- We scan all except: bulky objects, buildings and facilities to the people.
- Order 3D-scanning to NBY IT. Our managers will choose the option that is most appropriate for you.