Creating 3d model from images
Creating 3d model from images. The process of creating 3D models for photos. Today, photogrammetry is widely used for solving applied problems of construction, architecture, industrial design, as well as in art.
Photogrammetry began to develop almost immediately with the appearance of photographs, but at first applied only to recreate the landscape and the building of topographic maps. Modeling of photos allows you to quickly and easily create 3D model, partially automating the process by modern software. In this way, it is difficult to create complex models, but it is used in many ways.
Creating 3d model from images: the use of technology
3D modeling of photos used in cases where there is no way to recreate the 3D model drawings. In addition, this technology allows the modeling of large geographic or industrial projects without full scale measurements. Furthermore, this type of modeling is useful for remote measurements in environments where a person can stay to be unsafe.
Games and movies
Building a 3D model of photography is often used in gaming and animation for the characters drawn. Taken as a basis for real people, or rather their pictures and they make the model. This technique allows you to pass realistic facial features and facial expressions.
3D modeling for photos used to create product prototypes. For example, if you have a plastic housing and you have to like the product, you can take a picture of an existing one. As a result, you will get 3D model, which can be adjusted. This will help to assess the functionality of the product before the start of mass production.
Production of 3D MODELS of pictures is sometimes used in industrial design. This allows you to quickly assess the extent of the work to build a complete working model. However, this method is not suitable for creating complex products. In this case it is better to create a 3D model with the ground.
Regulations create photos to build 3d models
If you want to get an accurate model of the object, you need to stick to a few rules of the subject.
- The object must always be in focus. It is best to position it on a moving platform, and static camera mounted on a short distance away (if a small object). This will allow the object to rotate at a predetermined angle, and he will always be in the center.
- If the object is too big and uncomfortable to rotate (e.g., machine), it is necessary to rotate the camera. This greatly complicates the process of shooting – in each view need to strictly maintain the distance to the subject that requires additional calculations. In this case, you can consider other options – calling for professional photography or measurements. Also worth consider the option of immediate withdrawal of measurements of the object.
- Tripod must be equipped with “level” for a strict ranking camera in the vertical and horizontal planes. When you create a three dimensional model of the photo must be at least three images of the object: from the side, front and top. Photos in semi helps make the model more accurate, but is not mandatory for inanimate objects.
- The object is better to put on the uniform background;
- Calibration stand (paper with marking) will help improve the accuracy of the model;
- The resulting images are better to convert to a format jpg;
- All images must have the same height and width;
- The image must necessarily
3D MODEL OF PHOTOS: PROGRAM
To create pseudo amateur models from photographs there is a variety of software. Usually these programs are easy to learn, they all intuitive. However, this provision is far from professional 3D -software and is often used to create low-budget games or animations.
CrazyTalk – one of the best of modern software for creating facial animation. Thanks to the 3D Head Creation tool, users can create highly accurate models and imitation of lip allows to realize any project.
FaceGen Modeller is used to develop characters for computer games. With the help of sliders, you can easily change the appearance of the face and quickly achieve the desired result.
Headshop – Another editor for modeling individuals on the basis of portrait photos. After uploading photos to the user it is necessary to arrange the control points, and then you can proceed to edit the entity.
3D Fhoto effects the Strata – a program for creating 3D model with the creation of masks. Models can be exported into Photoshop, where they can decorate. Special plug program helps determine the position of the camera and automatically recreate the object in three-dimensional space. This program can be used to create 3D models for goods online stores.
360.3D – quite a powerful program that creates a three-dimensional model based on 4-8 photos. The program provides three levels of operation (beginner, professional and developer) that allows you to spend a minimum of interface development time. The program is often used to create virtual tours and demonstrations of products. It is possible to customize the background, light, animations and so on.
123D – free application that allows creating 3D -model on photographs with any technology (smart phone, a tablet, a camera, etc.). This program is the leader among the main editors of the three-dimensional graphics the Autodesk. Suitable for both novice and professional users.
Advantages and disadvantages of the method 3d- modeling of photos
- A photograph of 3D modeling has its advantages in the following cases:
- When there are no drawings of the product;
- There is no possibility to conduct full-scale measurement object;
- Internal device object has no value;
- For modeling entities in the development of computer games and animation;
- To create virtual tours (restaurants and salons) and demonstration of goods online shopping;
- 3D model printed in a one-off and it is not the quality plays a special role.
In all the above cases, 3D modeling photo an indispensable tool for quick and easy creation of models. Moreover, modern software allows automating the process without loss of accuracy.
Disadvantages 3D modeling form photo:
- To obtain an accurate model requires high quality images with proper formulation frames;
- Received some models require a long post editing;
- Requires additional modeling the internal device components,
- Obtained 3D model can differ significantly in the relative sizes of the source code.
If you want to get high quality 3D model, but you do not have a product or drawings you need animation for games, please contact NBY IT Solution. Give us a call and we’ll detail the process of modeling photos.